'What an audacity!'
Thereport24.com correspondent, Dhaka:
Food Minister and Dhaka city Awami League joint general secretary Advocate Kamrul Islam said on Wednesday the person, who had been prime minister of the country twice, commented that Bangabandhu had divided the country.
“What an audacity? She made a derogatory remark on a man under whose leadership the Liberation War took place and we liberated our country through an armed struggle and also participated in different movements,” he said.
He was speaking as chief guest at a scholarship, certificate and prize distribution ceremony at the Public Library’s Shawkat Osman Auditorium at Shahbagh in the city. The function was organized by the Kindergarten Development Association of Bangladesh.
He said they (opponents) were trying to leave the country in an abyss of darkness. For, 12 crore people of the 16 crore population did not see the Liberation War. “it is our duty to present the true history to them,” he added.
Addressing the teachers and students, he said, “All these liars should be hated. Those who lie only deserve the hatred of the people.”
The function was presided over by the organisation’s president Kazi Ahsan Habib.
Ends/thereport24.com/AR/May 14, 2014
- Four suspected JMB members held in capital
- Can DNA help you find your soulmate?
- Russian air strikes kill 30 in Syria
- Sugar-free drinks equally bad for teeth
- Jamaat leader killed in Meherpur ‘shootout’
- Poor countries left behind at Paris climate summit
- Davis Cup my most emotional win: Murray
- Murder accused ex-cop flees court lockup
- Horses in Switzerland under increasing sex attack
- Turkey to hand over Russian pilot's body
- Australia beat New Zealand in day-night Test
- Relocated MTB Dilkusha Branch opens
- Indians' innovative way of prison break
- Adele makes history with 800,000 sales
- SSC, equivalent exams begin February 1
- Walton Service Management System ensures swift world-class post sales services
- Tejgaon eviction turns violent, shots fired
- AL, JaPa demand MPs participation in poll campaign
- JaPa demands MPs participation in polls campaign
- Purbanchal editor Liakat Ali dies
- BNP delegation to meet CEC in afternoon
- Altaf president, Omar GS of BFUJ
- Cannonball blast kills army man in Cox's Bazar
- Fear grips Haripur after Shia mosque attack
- Erdogan 'saddened' by Russia plane loss
- Navy procures warship from USA
- ASUS Fonepad now available in local market
- 10 lipstick rules every woman must know
- Shahjahan to endorse BNP runners in municipal polls
- Facebook offers 4-month paid paternity leave
- Lionel Messi wins 2015 Goal 50 award
- MasterCard powers EBL to launch online payment gateway
- Hasina to endorse AL candidates for municipal polls
- Six Shibir men held with bombs in capital
- Babar returns to prison after treatment
- Three killed in US parenthood clinic shooting
- This is the doctor who fixed Michael Jackson’s face
- Men more likely to die from diabetes
- England win 2nd T20 by 3 runs
- Two killed, 12 injured over land dispute in Noakhali
- Bangladesh face Thailand in ICC Women's World T20 Qualifier
- Banking Fair concludes Saturday
- UK envoy shocked at Shia mosque attack in Bogra
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day observed
- BFUJ to stage biennial election Saturday
- Shakib suspended for one match
- Comilla go top after routing Rangpur for 82
- Two held over Bogra mosque attack
- Bangladeshi cattle trader shot dead by BSF
- Sturridge suffers foot injury
- IS claims credit for Bogra mosque attack
- BNP to contest municipal polls on conditions
- Abducted schoolgirl killed for ransom in Narayanganj
- France to honour Paris attack victims
- Muezzin killed as gunmen attack Shias in mosque
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 hits Blockbuster Friday
- 'Slap' Aamir Khan, get Rs 1 lakh reward, announces Shiv Sena
- Leaving LDCs impossible for Bangladesh until 2024
- Akij Ceramics patronizes Architecture Day seminar at AUST
- Four to die for killing four members of a family
- Debate on BD in European Parliament Thursday
- FBI looks for hacker over 1.2 billion logins theft
- Ukraine imposes ban on all Russian planes
- Two Bangladeshi herders shot dead by BSF
- Sleeping for eight hours can improve memory
- Five JMB men held over Hoseni Dalan bomb attack
- Juventus beat Manchester City
- NU honours results on Thursday
- 400 turtles rescued, 4 held in Satkhira
- Shakib four-for detonates Dhaka Dynamites
- Missing Russian jet pilot 'alive and well'
- AR Rahman too faced similar situation as Aamir Khan did
- MTB participates in banking fair
- Nizami appeal arguments hearing from Nov 30
- Parimal jailed for life for raping Viqarunnisa student
- Wind of Change: Bangladeshi girl proposes thru billboard!
- World Bank sacks 6 Bangladeshi employees unfairly?
- Nadia wins ‘Lux Channel i Super Star 2014’ crown
- National ID card office and hassle of people turns synonymous
- Bar council shuts door to private university law students!
- Camudi.com.bd aims to be a household name in vehicle industry: Stefan
- AR Rahman, Akon concert lights up ICC World Cup T20 opening
- Video footage of upazila chairman Ekramul murder released
- Constituency-wise full results: AL wins absolute majority in Jan 5 polls
- Hasina comes under attack in UK
- Khaleda Ekram appointed BUET VC superseding 15 seniors
- Ershad engrossed in illicit affair with Sathi!
- First Bangladeshi American to travel all the way to Mars!
- US economy adds 295,000 jobs in February
- Noor Hossain, corrupt RAB official killed Nazrul, claims Shahid Chairman
- Playing Asian Games was right decision, says Sania Mirza
- Mercantile Bank director caught in embezzlement scam
- Muhith against banning AK Khandker’s book
- Hindu or Muslim – burial for everyone at Hotapara old-home
- I know many thing, but can’t tell now: Shamim Osman
- ‘Philanthropy feeds my mind’
- Hasina is a tough lady: HM Ershad
- Lamudi, Carmudi eye a big pie of online car, real estate markets in Bangladesh
- Tareq demanded Tk 2 cr for release of Ismail after his abduction
- Messages seeking Indian military intervention in Bangladesh leaked!