'What an audacity!'
Thereport24.com correspondent, Dhaka:
Food Minister and Dhaka city Awami League joint general secretary Advocate Kamrul Islam said on Wednesday the person, who had been prime minister of the country twice, commented that Bangabandhu had divided the country.
“What an audacity? She made a derogatory remark on a man under whose leadership the Liberation War took place and we liberated our country through an armed struggle and also participated in different movements,” he said.
He was speaking as chief guest at a scholarship, certificate and prize distribution ceremony at the Public Library’s Shawkat Osman Auditorium at Shahbagh in the city. The function was organized by the Kindergarten Development Association of Bangladesh.
He said they (opponents) were trying to leave the country in an abyss of darkness. For, 12 crore people of the 16 crore population did not see the Liberation War. “it is our duty to present the true history to them,” he added.
Addressing the teachers and students, he said, “All these liars should be hated. Those who lie only deserve the hatred of the people.”
The function was presided over by the organisation’s president Kazi Ahsan Habib.
Ends/thereport24.com/AR/May 14, 2014
- S Korea missile plan threatens China
- Polluted air causes 5.5m deaths a year
- Three killed in Narayanganj mob beating
- Asad Rauf: Former Test umpire handed 5-year ban
- Paramount dates next three 'Transformers' movies
- Assad 'vows to retake all of Syria'
- Picnic bus runs over three friends in Sherpur
- Is conditioner necessary for men?
- Villagers’ clash leaves 50 injured in Brahmanbaria
- Lionel Messi plays down rumours he splashed out 25m euros on a Ferrari
- Shah Rukh Khan fined INR 1.93 lakh for Illegal ramp
- Syria conflict: World powers agree ceasefire plan
- MTB inks discount deal with Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
- Bangladesh Youth Fest 2016 launched to inspire Nation’s Future
- Bad news! Kareena isn’t coming to ‘Clean Dhaka’
- 752 UPs in first phase, UP poll begins on March 22
- Apple to open first offshore technology development centre in India
- U19 World Cup: West Indies to meet India in final
- Syria conflict: Powers divided over ceasefire
- In 7 days, gold price up Tk 1,225 per bhori again
- 2004 UK envoy attack: Death penalty for 3 upheld
- Junior Tigers set 227-run target for West Indies
- Two killed in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Kushtia
- UAE names first minister of state for happiness
- Five steps for better time management
- Eighth Harry Potter book to be released
- ‘Mourinho is perfect for Man Utd’
- Zinedine Zidane: 'Cristiano Ronaldo is the best'
- Messi, Suarez and Neymar rested for Valencia clash
- Tree man's samples to be sent to US for tests
- South Korea halts joint venture after North's tests
- 36th BCS preliminary results published
- Leopard attacks mayor, beaten to death later
- Toab Khan among 16 named for Ekushey Padak
- Confident Bangladesh bank on home advantage
- 50pc lubricants in markets adulterated
- NRB Global Bank congratulates SK Sur Chowdhury
- Walton to start online based post-sales service operation
- Khulna jute mills workers block road, railway
- Khaleda calls standing committee meeting
- China confirms first Zika case
- Ferry services resume after eight hours
- Men spend more than women on Valentine's Day
- Sanders, Trump win big in New Hampshire primary
- I don’t work for awards: Sonam
- Google boss highest-paid CEO in US
- Lawmaker Latif faces two more cases
- Man commits suicide after killing daughter
- Former Nepal PM Sushil Koirala dies
- Turkey, Germany agree refugee crisis handling plan
- Chelsea defender Zouma out for six months
- Two killed in Tangail road crash
- Jumbo JCD committee beyond constitution
- India blocks Facebook Free Basics internet scheme
- Trial yet to end 21 years after JP leader murder
- 2 migrant boats sink off Turkey coast, 33 dead
- West Indies stuns Pakistan by 5wickets to enter semi-finals
- Nur, 3 ex-Rab men among 35 indicted for 7-murder
- Boy wonder, 8, takes 6 wickets in 6 balls, all batsmen bowled
- 15 lakh migrants to go to Malaysia in 3 years
- Sunny Leone meets Aamir Khan
- Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50
- Three Appellate Division judges take oath
- Dhaka child murder accused dies in ‘gunfight’
- Taiwan investigates collapsed building
- ‘No communication with Chelsea on new deal’
- Mabia, Mahfuza bring golds for BD in SA Games
- 6-month-old girl rescued 30hrs after Taiwan earthquake
- UN emergency talks after North Korea rocket
- Mabia earns median gold for BD in 12th SA Games
- Shut Daily Star, punish Mahfuz Anam: Tapos
- 73pc people affected mentally, physically
- North Korea fires long range rocket
- Karan Johar has 'many fears.' Guess what is the 'biggest' one
- Boy, 7, run over by Pajero at Hatirjheel in city
- Wind of Change: Bangladeshi girl proposes thru billboard!
- Nadia wins ‘Lux Channel i Super Star 2014’ crown
- World Bank sacks 6 Bangladeshi employees unfairly?
- National ID card office and hassle of people turns synonymous
- Bar council shuts door to private university law students!
- Camudi.com.bd aims to be a household name in vehicle industry: Stefan
- Ershad engrossed in illicit affair with Sathi!
- AR Rahman, Akon concert lights up ICC World Cup T20 opening
- Video footage of upazila chairman Ekramul murder released
- Constituency-wise full results: AL wins absolute majority in Jan 5 polls
- Khaleda Ekram appointed BUET VC superseding 15 seniors
- Hasina comes under attack in UK
- First Bangladeshi American to travel all the way to Mars!
- Noor Hossain, corrupt RAB official killed Nazrul, claims Shahid Chairman
- Mercantile Bank director caught in embezzlement scam
- US economy adds 295,000 jobs in February
- Hindu or Muslim – burial for everyone at Hotapara old-home
- Playing Asian Games was right decision, says Sania Mirza
- Muhith against banning AK Khandker’s book
- I know many thing, but can’t tell now: Shamim Osman
- ‘Philanthropy feeds my mind’
- Lamudi, Carmudi eye a big pie of online car, real estate markets in Bangladesh
- Hasina is a tough lady: HM Ershad
- Messages seeking Indian military intervention in Bangladesh leaked!
- Tareq demanded Tk 2 cr for release of Ismail after his abduction